My writings: The sweet taste of Love: Secrets

             I

My pleasures are simple
a cup a tea
a book
or a movie
and dreams of you

not that you
know that

not that
I want you
to know that

and I really
don’t want
you to know.

I love the
feeling of you
and the knowledge
that you don’t know
my dreams of you.


             II

I caught
your smile
when you
didn't notice.
I put it
in a jar.
A jar
full of
stolen smiles.

I blush
and answer
your question
and think
about
the softness
of your lips
and the taste
of your mouth.

I whisper
to myself
an unspoken
word
and hope
it will
make you
smile.


           III

I phoned you
and said that I’m
running late

but I didn’t.
I was hiding
behind the corner
and hoping
that you wouldn’t
see me.

I wanted
to look
at you
when you
didn’t know.

I wanted
to see
your beauty
without your
knowledge.

I know
it sounds
weird
but
you’re so
beautiful
that I can’t
look at you
when I’m
with you

and then
I only want
to be
your friend.


           IV

As long
as the secret
is mine
you are mine.

If I speak
and
you say
no

my heart
will break
and
my dream
will break
and
I will
break

and I don’t
want that …




By © Dolores Meden 2017